Saturday, January 01, 2022

New year, new books

I’ve composed a reading list for 2022. It’s not a binding list, but I like to write down all the books I want to read during the year so that I wont miss any. And I like to keep tabs on what I have to read on NetGalley and when. I download so many books there that it would be easy to lose tracks.

I pledged to read 90 books in this year’s Goodreads reading challenge. It’s about the same number I read last year. Officially I read 101 books, but ten of those were DNFs.

To finish the challenge, I must read about eight books a month, two books a week. That’s doable, provided the books aren’t massive. Which some of them are bound to be. But to balance things out, some are short and sweet.

Some of my most anticipated books I’ve already downloaded from NetGalley, and I’ll start the year with those, as they all come out in January. There’s Temple of No God by H. M. Long, a follow-up to Hall of Smoke, which was one of my favourite fantasy books in 2020. Then there’s Outcast by Louise Carey, the second book in Inscape, a great cyberpunk/dystopia series. And finally Seven Mercies by Laura Lam and Elizabeth May, a second book in their Seven Devils sci-fi series. And right after them, in February, theres Last Exit by Max Gladstone.

Outside NetGalley, I’m eagerly waiting for Crowbones by Anne Bishop, book three in The World of Others, out in March after a couple of years’ wait. I’m also looking forward to Book of Night by Holly Black, her first fantasy novel for adults, which comes out in May; The Grief of Stones by Katherine Addison, out in June, the second book in The Cemeteries of Amalo set in her Goblin Emperor world; Gallant by V. E. Schwab out in March, and The Heretic Royal by G. A. Aiken in October. On top of those, there will be new books by my author stables like J. R. Ward, Nalini Singh, T. Kingfisher, and Darynda Jones, just to mention a few.

These are just the books I know of. My list always changes throughout the year as I learn about new upcoming books or discover authors new to me. NetGalley tends to add to the list too. But it’s a good start for my reading year, and gives me something to look forward to the whole year.


What are your most anticipated books this year? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment